Conditions of entry and other relevant details:
- Entry is free and open to all composers currently based on the island of Ireland or holding Irish citizenship.
- Competition entrants should write a piece between circa 3-5mins duration for violin and piano.
- The winner of this competition will receive:
- a prize of €350.
- world premiere of the composer’s new work premiered at the West Wicklow Chamber Music Festival’s “Rising Star” recital on Saturday 29th May 2021, performed by Phoebe White (violin) and Peter Regan (piano).
- a pre-concert Composer’s Voice interview of the winning composer and the performers by the Contemporary Music Centre, Ireland.
- collaboration, workshop and rehearsals with the performers.
- inclusion in festival publicity.
- The work should not have been previously performed in public prior to its world premiere at the festival.
- This composition competition is open to composers of all ages and aimed at those who would describe themselves as “emerging composers”.
- Entrants can only submit one work.
- Entries will be judged anonymously by an independent judging panel.
- Entries should be emailed to email@example.com with the subject line “Composition Competition 2021”.
Entrants should include in their email submission:
- their full name, email address, contact telephone number and postal address.
- proof of Irish citizenship or current residency on the island of Ireland (3rd level exchange students currently studying on the island of Ireland are eligible).
- title of the new work.
- attach a MIDI sound file of the new work.
- pdf score of the new work.
- in order to ensure that entries are judge anonymously, the festival will only accept entries of scores with no mention of a composer’s name / address.
The closing date for entries is Friday 9th April 2021.